About the Naltrexone Treatment Clinic
“ The aim of the Naltrexone Treatment Centre is to assist in the rehabilitation
of patients in their efforts to overcome opiate addiction after detoxification. ”
Please note that we do not provide a detoxification service.
Our Mission Statement
We provide a patient-centred, confidential approach in a non-threatening,
non-judgmental environment. Our patient base encompasses the United
Kingdom and Europe. We do not provide a detoxification service.
The Clinic has procedures in place to ensure that the patient's safety is
paramount. The patient is encouraged to ask questions or raise any
concerns about implantation throughout his/her visit to the clinic.
This is achieved by a strict pre-implant vetting which includes :-
- A comprehensive application form and relevant enclosures.
- It is a requirement of the Clinic that patients attending for implantation
first have a urine test, are given a 50mg Naltrexone tablet, and are then seen by the Counsellor.
Family members and carers are welcomed at the patient's request.
- One of the team will explain the implantation procedure, side effects
and aftercare to you. The consent form will be explained to you;
at this stage you will be asked to sign to acknowledge your intent
to proceed with the implant.
- Local anaesthetic is injected into the implantation site. After the
anaesthetic has taken effect the Medical Director will perform the minor surgery
in order to insert the implant.
- On completion of the surgery the patient will be given the relevant after-care
literature and any final questions answered.
- After a period of 4 – 6 months all patients will be sent a questionnaire
in order to evaluate effectively the progress that is being made.
- Completed questionnaires will help the Clinic to maintain high standards
of patient care. All information received will be treated with
the utmost confidentiality.